The Morton Group Bankruptcy & Litigation Seminars
Are you or someone in your office new to Arizona or just needs to refresh those skills? Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. is your opportunity to sign up for our educational seminars. Seating is limited so please make your reservation as early as possible.
To reserve your spot, please call Patty at 602-279-5662 or email Patty at email@example.com and advise if you would like to attend. PLEASE NOTE: Your prepaid, non-refundable check for $49.00 made payable to The Morton Group per registrant must be received two business days prior to the event. The seminar takes place at The Morton Group offices.
Taught by a bankruptcy paralegal and designed for legal secretaries and paralegals working in bankruptcy or who have an interest in bankruptcy. The topics present up-to-date information and recent rule changes.
- Means Testing
- Exemptions - Arizona Statutes
- Exceptions to Discharge
- New Requirements
- Chapter 7 Specific
- Chapter 13 Specific
- Chapter 11 Specific
This seminar is designed for legal secretaries and paralegals working in litigation. Topics include:
- E-Filing: Procedure and Tutorial
- State and Federal court differences
- Required form of pleadings and motions
- Filing documents with the Clerk of Court
- Determining your Judge assignment and accessing the on-line docketing system
- Where to find court forms
- Filing fees
- Making an appearance
- How to get a hearing date
- Calendaring Deadlines for Motions and Discovery Papers
- Lodging Orders and proposed Forms of Judgments
- Local Rules of Practice for the Superior Courts of Arizona